grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Unexpected Gifts

Unexpected Gifts - Elena Aitken This is a very sweet little romance! It has the feel of Harlequins of old. I miss the easy themes sometimes.

Andi is sassy and fun to read! I loved seeing her find a match in Colin, he is great at teaching her to enjoy fun again. They both have things to work out and it is heartwarming to see them find their way. I really felt for Andi and her situation. While it was sad, it didn't weigh the story down.

There is plenty of chemistry, but things stay pretty much PG-13. Some steamy kisses but nothing past that. It is a very cozy romance.

This is a mixed narrative, giving us both leads POV. The switches are smooth and easy to follow. It is nice to see how each perceives events and the way it effects their relationship.

The story flows nicely and is sweetly engaging. I love the leads and the supporting cast. I hope we get their HEA through the series!

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Jennifer Drake Ford, she is a perfect fit for the read. I loved her smooth and easy tone throughout the book. She has a consistent pace and great voices. The combination of sweet story and lovely narration is a delight!

I am eager to see what happens next in the series! The characters are engaging and have potential for more happy ever afters.