grapeapril75

Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Devil's Game

Devil's Game - Joanna Wylde Every biker series needs a Romeo and Juliet sort of love story. Em and Hunter are just such star crossed lovers. It is definitely still gritty and rough like any MC read. There is just something in this series that makes it likeable.

I love the way this book carries through the lives of these two characters. It is wonderful to see the differences in how they grew up and the way it shaped who they are. The other ting that is great about this is the recap of events in the first book and how things looks for these characters. It takes us from their first meeting and the way the relationship developed. You really get to know them and understand where they are coming from.

The mixed narrative is key to liking Hunter, he is kind of a jerk most of the time. You see how he really does care about Em, even though he doesn't show it all the time. The POV switches are smooth and helped along by the duel narrators.

Oh boy do things get steamy!!! There is a lot of smexy talk and loads of foreplay. I am talking some crazy variety when it comes to the creativity in the smexy stuff that is just short of sex. But when the sexing happens, look out!!! Good lord these two are hot together. I needed a cold shower more than once!

I listened to the audiobook that switched between two narrators Tatiana Sokolov and Todd Haberkorn. The two trade off when the POV switches between the leads. I really enjoyed Tatiana's pace and tone. Her voices were great and she had fantastic energy in the read. She has a perfect snark to her voice that fits Em. I adore her work and will be looking for many more of her reads! I generally liked Todd's read, but like many male narrators he tried to go too high with the ladies at times. They book delivered a great performance that sold the action and emotions of the story. I do like this style of using two narrators on a romance, it helps keep it distinct when the narrative switches.

I can not wait for the next book in this series! I am so ready for some more MC lovin. While I am still not a fan of the genre, I adore these books.