grapeapril75

Alien Interludes: Clans of Kalquor Short Stories
Tracy St. John
If Only
Cherise Sinclair

Chasing Victory (The Winters Sisters, #1)

Chasing Victory (The Winters Sisters, #1) - Joanne Jaytanie I am not sure what I expected from this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is an engaging story that is kind of light on the romance. Really terrific read!

Victory is a great character, she has sass and gumption. I love that she is smart enough to save herself most of the time. She has a terrific relationship with her sisters and I hope we see more of that over the series.

Tristan is yummy, I totally did a hero type. He is a perfect match for Victory. He is smart enough to let her have her independence but knows when to keep her safe. They have wonderful banter!

The romance takes a back seat to the genetics plot, but that didn't bother me because it was a great storyline. I would have liked a touch more of the history of both the girls and the Farraday twins. There are many holes in the story when it comes to their abilities. That may come to light over the course of the series.

Things do get steamy, open bedroom door but not full erotic detail. It is just yummy enough to make you fan your face a time of two. The love happens kinda fast, I believe liking but not full on love at this point.

This is a mixed narrative. my favorite! It is mostly the two leads POV, but there are many times when supporting cast chime in as well. Some of the transitions are a touch jumpy.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Robin Rowan, who is excellent! I loved her energy and the tone of her voice. She did a great job with both men and women. I was not thrilled with the sister's voice, hope that isn't how she does it in the next book. It would be tough to listen to a full 8 hours of that. She has a great pace that moves with the action of the story.

Overall, I am intrigued by this series and want to know more. I will definitely be jumping into the next book!